<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2022) (Reese Witherspoon, Ashton Kutcher) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A man and woman who've been best friends following a one-night stand twenty years ago trade places for the week across the country so she can attend classes while he babysits her 13-year-old son.
Debbie Dunn (REESE WITHERSPOON) and Peter Coleman (ASHTON KUTCHER) have been close friends for the past twenty years, ever since they decided against following up on a one-night stand. He's since moved to New York where he's a successful consultant, while she's a divorced single mom to 13-year-old Jack (WESLEY KIMMEL) and works as a teacher at his school alongside her good friend Alicia (TIG NOTARO).
But she has higher academic aspirations and is planning on attending a once-a-year weeklong class in New York where she'll get to visit Peter. But when her babysitter bails on her, Peter decides to fly to L.A. to watch Jack while Debbie attends her classes.
As Peter tries to bond with and help the socially awkward teen and wonders about Debbie's neighbor, Zen (STEVE ZAHN), who's always gardening in her yard, she becomes besties with one of Peter's previous girlfriends, Minka (ZOE CHAO), who encourages her to pursue a handsome publishing house owner, Theo Martin (JESSE WILLIAMS). But as that plays out, Debbie and Peter come to realize they have unresolved feelings toward each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either of the two leads or rom-coms in general, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For suggestive material and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.