(2022) (Reese Witherspoon, Ashton Kutcher) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A man and woman who've been best friends following a one-night stand twenty years ago trade places for the week across the country so she can attend classes while he babysits her 13-year-old son.
Debbie Dunn (REESE WITHERSPOON) and Peter Coleman (ASHTON KUTCHER) have been close friends for the past twenty years, ever since they decided against following up on a one-night stand. He's since moved to New York where he's a successful consultant, while she's a divorced single mom to 13-year-old Jack (WESLEY KIMMEL) and works as a teacher at his school alongside her good friend Alicia (TIG NOTARO).
But she has higher academic aspirations and is planning on attending a once-a-year weeklong class in New York where she'll get to visit Peter. But when her babysitter bails on her, Peter decides to fly to L.A. to watch Jack while Debbie attends her classes.
As Peter tries to bond with and help the socially awkward teen and wonders about Debbie's neighbor, Zen (STEVE ZAHN), who's always gardening in her yard, she becomes besties with one of Peter's previous girlfriends, Minka (ZOE CHAO), who encourages her to pursue a handsome publishing house owner, Theo Martin (JESSE WILLIAMS). But as that plays out, Debbie and Peter come to realize they have unresolved feelings toward each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either of the two leads or rom-coms in general, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For suggestive material and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.