<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2023) (Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: Two octogenarians attend their college friend's funeral, with one intent on killing that woman's husband for something that happened nearly half a century ago.
Claire (Jane Fonda) has traveled to California to attend her long-time friend Joyce's funeral, and while she's cordial to her former college friend's daughter, Allie (Sarah Burns), she informs Joyce's husband, Howard (Malcolm McDowell), that she's going to kill him due to something that happened between them nearly a half-century ago.
And she hopes to enlist the help of Joyce's snarky college roommate, Evelyn (Lily Tomlin), to do the deed, all while ending up reunited with her first ex-husband, Ralph (Richard Roundtree).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.