(2023) (Storm Reid, Nia Long) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: When her mom and new boyfriend go missing while on vacation in Columbia, an 18-year-old uses all the technology at her disposal to try and find her.
Following the cancer death of her father, James (TIM GRIFFIN), years ago, it's just been 18-year-old June Allen (STORM REID) and her mom, Grace (NIA LONG), who make up their family. But in typical teenage rebellion fashion, June sees her mom as overbearing and overprotective and thus is pleased when Grace travels to Colombia for some R & R with her new boyfriend, Kevin (KEN LEUNG).
Managing to keep family friend and lawyer Heather Damore (AMY LANDECKER) in the dark, June is planning on hosting a blowout party with her best friend, Veena (MEGAN SURI), and many others at the end of that week-long respite. The next morning, she heads to the airport to pick up her mom and Kevin, only to discover that they didn't make the flight.
She then begins an increasingly frantic search from afar -- using all available technology at her disposal to aid her -- in hopes of discovering what happened to her mom who, it turns out, never checked out of her hotel.
Hiring a local Columbian, Javi (JOAQUIM DE ALMEIDA), as her boots-on-the-ground investigator, and hoping for help from FBI Agent Park (DANIEL HENNEY), June does what she can to figure out what's happened and track down her mom.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the similar movie "Searching," technology-based detective-style thrillers, or anyone in the cast, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong violence, language, teen drinking, and thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.