(2023) (Allison Williams, Violet McGraw) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A robotics engineer creates an ever-evolving robotic doll that takes on a life of its own while protecting the woman's recently orphaned niece.
Gemma (ALLISON WILLIAMS) is a robotics engineer at the toy company Funki run by CEO David (RONNY CHIENG) who's concerned that corporate competitors have now copied their lucrative robotic pet product.
Unbeknownst to him, Gemma and two colleagues -- Tess (JEN VAN EPPS) and Cole (BRIAN JORDAN ALVAREZ) -- have secretly been developing an advanced robotics doll codenamed M3GAN (voiced by JENNA DAVIS). Built with the latest AI technology, the robot imprints on one child and is designed to continually learn and evolve.
Gemma gets the chance to test that creation on her 9-year-old niece, Cady (VIOLET McGRAW), who she now has full custody of following the accidental deaths of Gemma's sister and brother-in-law.
It's not long before the girl bonds with M3GAN whose prime operative is to protect Cady psychologically and physically. And when the ever-evolving robot starts taking matters into her own hands, Gemma wonders and worries if she'll be able to get her creation back under control before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films featuring homicidal dolls/robots, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violent content and terror, some strong language and a suggestive reference
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.