(2023) (Allison Williams, Violet McGraw) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A robotics engineer creates an ever-evolving robotic doll that takes on a life of its own while protecting the woman's recently orphaned niece.
Gemma (ALLISON WILLIAMS) is a robotics engineer at the toy company Funki run by CEO David (RONNY CHIENG) who's concerned that corporate competitors have now copied their lucrative robotic pet product.
Unbeknownst to him, Gemma and two colleagues -- Tess (JEN VAN EPPS) and Cole (BRIAN JORDAN ALVAREZ) -- have secretly been developing an advanced robotics doll codenamed M3GAN (voiced by JENNA DAVIS). Built with the latest AI technology, the robot imprints on one child and is designed to continually learn and evolve.
Gemma gets the chance to test that creation on her 9-year-old niece, Cady (VIOLET McGRAW), who she now has full custody of following the accidental deaths of Gemma's sister and brother-in-law.
It's not long before the girl bonds with M3GAN whose prime operative is to protect Cady psychologically and physically. And when the ever-evolving robot starts taking matters into her own hands, Gemma wonders and worries if she'll be able to get her creation back under control before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films featuring homicidal dolls/robots, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violent content and terror, some strong language and a suggestive reference
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.