<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2023) (Jake Gyllenhaal, Dar Salim) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A U.S. soldier and his Afghan translator do what they can to survive and protect each other while being the targets of terrorists who want them dead.
It's 2018 and American forces have been in Afghanistan for more than a decade following the terrorist attacks on American soil back in 2001. Among them is Sgt. John Kinley (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose team is tasked with finding hidden caches of Taliban weaponry. To aid in their search, they've been using locals to serve as translators, and the latest to join John's unit is Ahmed (Dar Salim).
He seems to have something of a sixth sense when it comes to dealing with other locals, and earns his unit's trust when he saves them from what turns out was going to be an ambush. But when he and John end up alone following a firefight where their team is outnumbered, the two must do what they can to survive and protect each other, including long after that incident has passed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of Gyllenhaal or war/military movies in general, might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, language throughout, and brief drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.