(2022) (Anamaria Marinca, Sara Klimoska) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A teen must contend with a witch turning her into a similar monster that kills and assumes the presence of their victims.
In a 19th century Macedonia mountain village, the tale of the Wolf-Eateress witch, Old Maria (ANAMARIA MARINCA), is known by one and all. That's especially true of mothers of newborns who are aware of her predilection for babies when not feeding on animals. Faced with that, one such mother pleas with Old Maria to spare her girl, and the witch agrees until the girl's teen years.
Kept isolated in a cave until then, Nevena (SARA KLIMOSKA) finally makes it out into the real world as a near-feral being. But it's not long before Old Maria turns her into a witch who, just like the old woman, can kill and assume the identity of other beings, be they animals or humans. As she transitions through various people and interacts with others, Nevena slowly learns what it means to be human.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some older teen into artsy horror films might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and gore, sexual content, graphic nudity, and sexual assault.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.