(2022) (Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Suspense: A team of rescuers attempts to retrieve a soccer coach and twelve boys who are trapped inside a long and flooded cave system.
It's 2018 and twelve teen and pre-teen boys from the Wild Boars junior football team -- along with their young coach, Ekkaphon Chanthawong (Teeradon Supapunpinyo) -- head into the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in northern Thailand before celebrating one boy's birthday. Unbeknownst to them, the monsoon season unexpectedly begins early, thus flooding parts of the approximately 10-kilometer-long cave and trapping the thirteen inside.
Learning of this, outgoing Governor Narongsak Osatanakorn (SAHAJAK BOONTHANAKIT) calls upon Captain Anand (TEERAPAT SAJAKUL) and his Navy SEALS -- including his most experienced diver, Saman Kunan (SUKOLLAWAT KANAROT) -- to attempt a rescue, but due to strong currents and inexperience in such conditions, they can only get so far into the cave. A British caver who lives nearby recommends they contact experienced cave rescuers Richard Stanton (VIGGO MORTENSEN) and John Volanthen (COLIN FARRELL) who then fly in and quickly access the dire situation.
Realizing the coach and boys will die without their help but will probably panic during any diving rescue -- and thus likely drown -- Richard and John come up with an unproven and extremely risky operation using the help of anesthesiologist Richard Harris (JOEL EDGERTON). With additional divers Chris Jewell (TOM BATEMAN) and Jason Mallinson (PAUL GLEESON), the team sets out to rescue the boys, all as heavy monsoon rains continue to flood the cave system.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast or are interested in the true-life story behind the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language and unsettling images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.