(2022) (Brendan Fraser, Hong Chau) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A severely obese man who's dying from congestive heart failure tries to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter.
Charlie (BRENDAN FRASER) is a severely obese writing instructor who teaches classes online, although without the camera on so that his students can't see him. His only friend seems to be Liz (HONG CHAU), a medical professional who drops in every day to check on him. She's worried about him having congestive heart failure, but he refuses to go to the ER or see anyone about that.
She isn't pleased to find Thomas (TY SIMPKINS), a young and eager missionary in Charlie's place, what with having been adopted into the family that started the ministry where Thomas works. She also doesn't want him to see his teenage daughter, Ellie (SADIE SINK), who he abandoned in the past along with his then-wife, Mary (SAMANTHA MORTON), for one of his male students.
But Charlie wants to connect with Ellie and thus offers to help her with her high school writing assignments, something the bitter teen only agrees to when Charlie says he'll pay her. As he tries to reconnect with her and with repeat visits by Thomas, Charlie must contend with his failing health.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some drug use, and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.