(2022) (Hugh Jackman, Zen McGrath) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Manhattan attorney and his ex must contend with their teenage son's increasingly disturbing, anti-social behavior.
Peter Miller (HUGH JACKMAN) is a successful Manhattan attorney who's been earmarked to join a politician's campaign. Despite his second wife, Beth (FELIX GODDARD), occasionally complaining that he's always working while she's caring for their young son, he's thinking about taking the position.
That is, until his ex, Kate (LAURA DERN), shows up and informs him that their 17-year-old son, Nicholas (ZEN McGRATH), who lives with her, hasn't been to school in over a month. She also adds that he now scares her, which results in her feeling like a failure at being a mom.
Peter confronts Nicholas about that, and it's not long before the teen moves in with his dad and stepmom, although the latter feels uneasy about the teen. Still, she tries her best to be accommodating. But despite the fresh start, his anti-social ways quickly return, all of which puts a strain on the family and makes Peter and Kate unsure of what to do about that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might have some interest, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic content involving suicide, and strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.