(2022) (Mark Rylance, Zoey Deutch) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: The reticent owner of a tailor shop finds himself in the middle of a dangerous situation involving some of his mobster clients who are no longer sure they can trust him or each other.
It's 1956 and Leonard (MARK RYLANCE) is a "cutter" who runs a men's tailor shop with the help of his secretary, Mable (ZOEY DEUTCH). Leonard's attention to detail and correctly sizing up people has made his service popular, including among local wise guys such as mob boss Roy Boyle (SIMON RUSSELL BEALE).
So much so that payments are dropped off in a locked box in his shop and picked up by Roy's adult son, Richie (DYLAN O'BRIEN), and fellow mobster Francis (JOHNNY FLYNN). Leonard tries to abstain from knowing any of their business dealings but is aware that they're in a turf war with rival mob boss La Fontaine (NIKKI AMUKA-BIRD).
That comes to a head when a shooting leaves Richie injured, and he and Francis show up at Leonard's shop after hours in possession of a briefcase that reportedly has evidence related to a suspected rat in their organization. With the stakes now raised and the situation dire, Leonard tries to figure out what to do to keep himself safe.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some older teens might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some bloody violence, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.