<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2022) (Priah Ferguson, Marlon Wayans) (TV-14)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy/Horror: After accidentally unleashing an evil spirit that causes her town's Halloween decorations to come to life, a teenager must convince her science-minded father to believe what's happening and help her figure out how to stop it.
14-year-old Sydney Gordon (PRIAH FERGUSON) and her parents -- science teacher Howard (MARLON WAYANS) and lawyer turned aspiring vegan baker Emily (KELLY ROWLAND) -- have just moved from their Brooklyn apartment to the small town of Bridge Hollow.
Sydney isn't thrilled about the move, but does enjoy seeing all the elaborate Halloween decorations including in the front yard of their new neighbor, Sully (ROB RIGGLE), and meeting a trio of kid paranormal investigators, Ramona (ABI MONTEREY), Jamie (HOLLY J. BARRETT), and Mario (MYLES VINCENT PEREZ).
They inform her that her family's new old house is haunted by Madam Hawthorne who long ago thwarted and trapped the spirit of Stingy Jack, a spook who returned every Halloween with revenge on his mind and the goal of finding another soul to replace him so that he can stick around forever.
Of course, science-minded Howard doesn't believe any of that, but when Sydney finds an old jack-o-lantern and it ends up lit, it releases Stingy Jack's curse that soon turns all the town's Halloween decorations into living monsters that come after the townsfolk. All of which means it's up to the daughter-father duo to save the day before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The premise might be intriguing to kids, especially if they're really into Halloween.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- The film hasn't been rated by the MPAA, but carries a non-explained TV rating of TV-14 (Parents Strongly Cautioned).
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.