(2022) (voices of H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Comedy: A trio of siblings try to solve a murder mystery to help their parents keep their burger joint open.
Bob (voice of H. JON BENJAMIN) and Linda Belcher (voice of JOHN ROBERTS) run a downtown burger joint bearing his name, but they're in dire financial straits as they don't have enough revenue to make their monthly bank loan payment. As a result, they and their kids -- awkward teenager Tina (voice of DAN MINTZ), her younger dorky brother, Gene (voice of EUGENE MIRMAN), and their 9-year-old sister, Louise (voice of KRISTEN SCHAAL) -- could soon end up out on the street.
It doesn't help that their landlord, Calvin Fischoeder (voice of KEVIN KLINE), his bratty brother Felix (voice of ZACH GALIFIANAKIS), and their cousin and family lawyer, Grover (voice of DAVID WAIN), don't look kindly on their request to delay their rent payment. Even so, and with the encouragement of their friend and top customer, Teddy (voice of LARRY MURPHY), they try to boost their sales, only to have a huge sinkhole unexpectedly develop directly in front of their establishment.
Things become more complicated when Louise ends up falling into the hole and discovers the skeletal remains of an amusement park carnie who was murdered years ago. With Calvin ending up as the prime suspect, Louise convinces her siblings that they can't wait on Sgt. Bosco (voice of GARY COLE) to help them, and thus they set out to find the real killer, clear Calvin's name, and thus allow him to help their parents avoid having the bank shut down their burger business.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably only if they're fans of the long-running TV show.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For rude/suggestive material and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.