(2022) (Mason Thames, Ethan Hawke) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A boy must contend with being abducted by a child killer along with encounters over an old phone with the man's past victims.
It's 1978 and Finney (MASON THAMES) is a 13-year-old boy who, along with his younger sister, Gwen (MADELEINE McGRAW), is terrified of their widowed, alcoholic, and abusive father, Terrence (JEREMY DAVIES). But Finney has other worries as well, ranging from bullies to a child abductor known only as The Grabber (ETHAN HAWKE), who's been taking kids they know.
When Finney ends up as the latest victim and is held in a mostly barren room, he must not only contend with being unsure of what The Grabber might do to him and when, but also a reportedly dead phone on the wall that somehow connects to the spirits of past victims who do what they can to help the boy survive his ordeal.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films they might.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.