<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2022) (Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A 1920s-era man must contend with his best friend no longer wanting anything to do with him in their small island town.
It's 1923 and Pádraic Súilleabháin (COLIN FARRELL) is a single man who lives with his sister, Siobhan Súilleabháin (KERRY CONDON), on the small island of Inisherin off the coast of Ireland. Pádraic is a pleasant, unassuming man who enjoys the company of his pet miniature donkey and local songwriter and violin player Colm Doherty (BRENDAN GLEESON).
That is, until Colm suddenly decides he no longer wants to be friends with Pádraic, a development that befuddles the latter and confuses the likes of young adult Dominic Kearney (BARRY KEOGHAN) who lives with his abusive father, Peadar (GARY LYDON), the local cop.
As Pádraic tries to get to the bottom of Colm's abrupt termination of their friendship - that includes going to extreme ends to make sure Pádraic understands his ultimatum -- it's unclear how things will play out, especially as an older seer, Mrs. McCormick (SHEILA FLITTON), predicts tragedy will strike the island.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might have an interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some violent content and brief graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.