(2022) (Jim Carrey, voice of Ben Schwartz) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action/Comedy: A speedy, anthropomorphic, alien hedgehog must contend with his archenemy along with a new alien wanting to get their hands on a magic emerald that can turn thoughts into reality.
Sonic the Hedgehog (voice of BEN SCHWARTZ) is an anthropomorphic, alien hedgehog who lives with his newly adopted surrogate parents -- sheriff Tom (JAMES MARSDEN) and veterinarian Maddie (TIKA SUMPTER) -- in Green Hill, Montana. Due to his amazing speed and desire to be a hero, Sonic moonlights as the crime fighter Blue Justice but usually ends up unintentionally causing secondary damage while doing so.
Tom instructs Sonic to tone it down, and he agrees, especially with Tom and Maddie headed to Hawaii to see her sister, Rachel (NATASHA ROTHWELL), marry Randall (SHEMAR MOORE). But little do any of them know that Sonic's archnemesis from last time around, high-tech wizard Dr. Ivo Robotnik (JIM CARREY), has escaped the mushroom planet -- where he had been vanquished -- with the help of Knuckles the Echidna (voice of IDRIS ELBA).
The latter is the last member of a warrior tribe that once battled Sonic's owl mentor's tribe and he's now after the all-powerful Master Emerald that can turn thoughts into reality. Robotnik agrees to help Knuckles find Sonic, with his ulterior motive being that he wants the gem for himself.
And it looks like that will happen until two-tailed, anthropomorphic flying fox Tails (voiced by COLLEEN O'SHAUGHNESSEY) arrives to help Sonic. From that point on, the two do what they can to prevent Knuckles and Robotnik from getting their hands on the emerald.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they enjoyed the first film, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action, some violence, rude humor, and mild language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.