(2022) (voices of Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Action/Comedy: Down to his last life, a swashbuckling feline sets out to find a fallen wishing star he hopes will resurrect his expired lives.
After defeating a giant but losing his life in the process, feline swashbuckler Puss in Boots (voice of ANTONIO BANDERAS) learns that he's down to the last of his nine lives. Accordingly, after a run-in with Wolf (voice of WAGNER MOURA) who he believes to be a bounty hunter happy to bring him in dead, Puss follows the advice of his doctor and goes to live as a regular cat in a feline sanctuary run by Mama Luna (Da'VINE JOY RANDOLPH) where he's befriended by a dog pretending to be a cat, Perrito (voice of HARVEY GUILLEN).
When Goldilocks (voice of FLORENCE PUGH) and her family of three bears -- Mama Bear (voice of OLIVIA COLMAN), Papa Bear (voice of RAY WINSTONE), and Baby Bear (voice of SAMSON KAYO) -- show up looking for him, Puss likewise believes they're bounty hunters. They don't recognize him and leave, but not before he learns they really wanted to hire him to steal a map now in the possession of Jack Horner (voice of JOHN MULANEY).
It reportedly will lead to a fallen star that will grant a single wish, and Puss wants to find that to get back the rest of his lives. But with others also wanting that star -- including his former lover, Kitty Softpaws (voice of SALMA HAYEK PINAULT) -- Puss must go back into swashbuckler mode, thus putting him in danger of losing his last life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're fans of the title character from the last movie or the "Shrek" films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action/violence, rude humor/language, and some scary moments.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.