(2022) (voices of Michael Cera, Samuel L. Jackson) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Action/Comedy: An underdog canine teams up with a reluctant trainer to save a village of cats.
Like all other cat-only villages, Kakamucho has a samurai to protect it from outsiders. Unfortunately for the resident felines, theirs has just run away in the face of an onslaught of ninjas sent by the villainous Ika Chu (voice of RICKY GERVAIS). Not only does he want to wipe away the village that he views as an eyesore for his palace, but he's also eager one day to replace the supreme leader, Shogun (voice of MEL BROOKS), who's set to visit him in a week.
When Shogun orders Ika Chu to find a replacement samurai for the village, he decides that his inexperienced, samurai wannabe prisoner, Hank (voice of MICHAEL CERA), will be perfect for the job. And that's mainly because Hank's a dog, something that doesn't sit well with the villagers upon his arrival, including young Emiko (voice of KYLIE KUIOKA) who envisions herself as a samurai.
But with the reluctant help and training of washed-up former samurai Jimbo (voice of SAMUEL L. JACKSON), Hank begins to learn the skills for the role, and eventually helps defeat a gargantuan opponent, Sumo (voice of DJIMON HOUNSOU). His newfound over-confidence, however, doesn't sit well with Jimbo, all of which means Ika Chu and his dimwitted assistant, Ohga (voice of GEORGE TAKEI), might just get their wish to rid his land of Kakamucho once and for all.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they enjoy computer-animated action-comedies featuring talking animals, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action, violence, rude and suggestive humor, and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.