<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2022) (Lesley Manville, Isabelle Huppert) (PG)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A widowed, 1950s era cleaning lady travels from London to Paris to buy a Christian Dior dress.
It's the 1950s and Ada Harris (LESLEY MANVILLE) is a widowed cleaning lady who services several clients in London, much like her good friend Vi Butterfield (ELLEN THOMAS). While dog track employee Archie (JASON ISAACS) is quite sweet on her, Ada's true love is fashion, and when she discovers that one of her rich clients owns a Christian Dior dress, Ada decides she must have one for herself.
So, she saves up her money and with some added luck, she has enough and sets off for Paris. But when she gets to the Dior headquarters, gatekeeper Claudine Colbert (ISABELLE HUPPERT) won't allow her in for a fashion show and sale. That prompts wealthy widower Marquis de Chassagne (LAMBERT WILSON) to escort her in as his guest, and despite Claudine's objections, company money man André Fauvel (LUCAS BRAVO) -- who secretly longs for model Natasha (ALBA BAPTISTA) -- assures her that she'll get a dress.
The only issue is that it will take a week, thus necessitating the help of strangers to accommodate her as she waits. During which they have an impact on her, as she does on both them and their fashion house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're into the world of fashion.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For suggestive material, language, and smoking
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.