(2022) (Jared Leto, Matt Smith) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: A medical researcher accidentally imbues himself with vampire related superhuman abilities and must contend with his best friend turning to the dark side using the same.
Michael Morbius (JARED LETO) is a biomedical doctor who -- due to having a lifelong blood disorder -- has spent his adult life trying to cure various blood diseases. He works alongside Dr. Martine Bancroft (ADRIA ARJONA) and their work is funded by Michael's lifelong friend, Milo (MATT SMITH), who suffers from the same disease that's left both of their bodies weakened.
Having researched vampire bats getting their only nutrition through blood, Michael decides to experiment with splicing their DNA with that of humans, some he refers to as his chimera project. Feeling he has nothing to lose, he experiments with that on himself, unaware that it's going to turn him into a bloodthirsty vampire with superhuman powers that he uses to kill eight people in that state.
Fortunately for him, it's only temporary, but as he tries to come to grips with that, he must not only contend with FBI Agents Stroud (TYRESE GIBSON) and Rodriguez (AL MADRIGAL) zeroing in on him as the main suspect, but also Milo deciding to use the serum on himself.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's tied into the Spider-Man part of the Marvel universe, many probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: pg-13
- for intense sequences of violence, some frightening images, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.