(2022) (Patrick Wilson, Halle Berry) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: Former astronauts and a conspiracy theorist try to save the day when the moon starts falling out of its orbit and threatens all life on Earth.
More than a decade after a tragedy in space, former Space Shuttle crewmembers Brian Harper (PATRICK WILSON) and Jocinda Fowl (HALLE BERRY) are no longer friends and have gone their separate ways due to Brian being blamed for the accident. She's now the deputy director at NASA and has a young son, Jimmy (ZAYN MALONEY), with her ex-husband and current military officer Doug Davidson (EME IKWUAKOR).
Meanwhile, Brian is unemployed, late with his rent, mostly estranged from his teenage son, Sonny (CHARLIE PLUMMER), and likewise divorced from Brenda (CAROLINA BARTCZAK) who's since remarried car dealership owner Tom Lopez (MICHAEL PEŅA).
Little do Brian and Jocinda realize they'll be reunited by the discovery that the moon's orbit around Earth is rapidly decreasing, something earlier noticed by conspiracy theorist KC Houseman (JOHN BRADLEY). He's long believed that the moon is an alien-built superstructure known as a Dyson Sphere that's fueled by a white dwarf star inside it.
But none of them realize that it's an alien AI entity that's changed the orbit, resulting in increased gravity and debris raining down on Earth. With time running out and live-in student Michelle (KELLY YU) taking care of Jimmy, Jocinda tries to convince Brian that they're the world's only hope, and with KC's help they set out to save the day.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into disaster movies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, disaster action, strong language, and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.