(2022) (Jessie Buckley, Rory Kinnear) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following her husband's death, a woman sets off for some self-care isolation, but must contend with an unsettling array of men.
Harper Marlow (JESSIE BUCKLEY) sets off for some self-care isolation at a remote, 500-year-old house in the English countryside. She needs these two weeks to get over the death of her husband, James (PAAPA ESSIEDU), who either jumped or fell off their building amid their marriage unraveling and Harper wanting a divorce.
She arrives at the estate and is met by the rental owner, Geoffrey (RORY KINNEAR), who gives her the low-down about staying at the place, and then lets her be, with Harper's only plan for human contact being occasional video chats with her friend, Riley (GAYLE RANKIN).
But while out on a walk through the nearby forest, she encounters a fully nude man who then shows up at her place. What follows is an array of unsettling encounters with other men, all as she tries to cope with her recent loss.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who are into heady horror films might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing and violent content, graphic nudity, grisly images and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.