(2022) (Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A pop superstar and a middle school math teacher must deal with the aftermath of the former -- having learned on the day of her wedding that her fiancÚ cheated on her -- spontaneously marrying the latter.
Kat Valdez (JENNIFER LOPEZ) is an international pop superstar who's set to marry similar megastar Bastian (MALUMA) with whom she's recorded the smash hit, "Marry Me." The wedding is to occur at her concert and be broadcast around the world thanks to the work of her manager, Colin Calloway (JOHN BRADLEY). Reluctantly in attendance is divorced middle school math teacher Charlie Gilbert (OWEN WILSON) who's there with his 12-year-old daughter, Lou (CHLOE COLEMAN), and his coworker, guidance counselor Parker Debbs (SARAH SILVERMAN) who had the tickets and encouraged Charlie to prove to his daughter that he can be fun.
Things take an interesting turn when Kat learns that Bastian cheated on her with one of her assistants. Shaken and making a rash decision, Kat decides to marry a random stranger at the concert and chooses Charlie. Sensing her despair and shock, Charlie goes along with that to comfort her, unaware of how that's going to change his life.
That's especially true when Kat says they need to make it seem real for at least a few months to keep her reputation from being further tarnished. As they initially go through the motions of doing public appearances together, the two eventually start to get to know each other, resulting in a budding romance, all of which ends up threatened when Bastian reenters the scene.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into romantic comedies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might want to.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some language and suggestive material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.