(2022) (voices of Chris Pine, Keke Palmer) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Action/Adventure: A space ranger tries to fix a problem he accidentally created, but must contend with robots and their leader who want his space travel power source.
Buzz Lightyear (voice of CHRIS EVANS) is a space ranger and he and his work partner, Alisha Hawthorne (voice of UZO ADUBA), are deployed to a newly discovered planet to investigate. It turns out to feature hostile bugs and plant life, and while trying to escape, Buzz accidentally hits a cliff with their large ship, damaging their fuel supply and stranding them and the rest of the crew there.
A new fuel supply is created, but with each test flight of that, Buzz returns having aged only a few hours, while years have passed for everyone on the planet. To help him cope with his guilt over the issue, Alisha gives him Sox (voice of PETER SOHN), a feline emotional support robot who ultimately helps him come up with a new formula for the energy source.
Upon Buzz's next return flight, Commander Burnside (voice of ISIAH WHITLOCK JR.) pulls the plug on the project, causing the space ranger to steal the test spacecraft and try again. But when he returns, and with a greater amount of time having passed, he meets Alisha's now-adult granddaughter, Izzy (voice of KEKE PALMER), and learns that the colony is under constant attack by robots known as the Zurg. Alisha, clumsy Mo Morrison (voice of TAIKA WAITITI), and older felon on probation Darby Steel (voice of DALE SOULES) then try to help Buzz, all as they must contend with Emperor Zurg (voice of JAMES BROLIN) who wants Buzz's power source for himself.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably, especially if they're fans of the "Toy Story" movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action/peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.