(2022) (Regina Hall, Sterling K. Brown) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A documentary film crew chronicles a disgraced pastor and his wife's attempts at reviving their mega-church and associated rich lifestyle.
At one point, Atlanta's Wander to Greater Paths Baptist Church was a mega-successful, mega-church with more than 25,000 congregants. Nowadays, though, they're down to just five after allegations of sexual misconduct with young men leveled against pastor Lee-Curtis Childs (STERLING K. BROWN) sent everyone else fleeing.
Now, with Easter approaching, the disgraced pastor is planning on a career revival with the somewhat shaky support of his wife, Trinitie (REGINA HALL), who's still enjoying the upper-class spoils and high life of financial success as the church's "first lady."
With their every moment followed and recorded by a documentary film crew, they try to resurrect their status and church but must contend with Shakura (NICOLE BEHARIE) and Keon Sumpter (CONPHIDANCE) whose growing Heavens House Baptist Church has supplanted their place in the hearts, minds, and souls of the churchgoing locals.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into spoof-type mockumentaries and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.