(2022) (Eddie Redmayne, Jude Law) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy: A small group of wizards and allies try to stop an evil wizard from gaining more power and starting a war against his enemies.
Long ago, wizards Albus Dumbledore (JUDE LAW) and Gellert Grindelwald (MADS MIKKELSEN) planned to change the world, but the one-time lovers had a falling out and are now archenemies. Concerned about Gellert's nefarious plans but unable to directly stop him, Albus recruits magizoologist Newt Scamander (EDDIE REDMAYNE) to assist him.
Newt has seen Gellert's treachery firsthand, with the evil wizard's followers -- led by Credence Barebone (EZRA MILLER) -- kill a rare creature known as a Qilin and abduct its newborn. Such creatures can sense the true souls of people and thus are used to select new political leaders. And with an election coming up and Gellert being cleared of criminal charges levied against him, it's obvious what his plan is.
Beyond his assistant, Bunty Broadacre (Victoria Yeates), those who end up helping Newt include his brother, Theseus (Callum Turner); Professor Eulalie "Lally" Hicks (Jessica Williams); wizard Yusuf Kama (William Nadylam); and muggle baker Jacob Kowalski (Dan Fogler). He's particularly interested since his former lover, Queenie Goldstein (Alison Sudol), has now gone over to the dark side with Grindelwald and Jacob wants to get her back.
Using the inn run by Albus' brother, Abeforth (Richard Coyle), as their base, the rag-tag group of heroes sets out to stop the evil wizard before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the earlier films or the overall Harry Potter universe.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some fantasy action/violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.