(2022) (Millie Bobby Brown, Henry Cavill) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A young detective finds her missing person's case intertwined with her more famous brother's investigation and they join forces to solve both.
Following the events of the first film where she solved her very first detective case in finding her missing mother, Eudoria (HELENA BONHAM CARTER), Enola Holmes (MILLIE BOBBY BROWN) has decided to open a detective agency. But being a young woman in a time when women couldn't vote, no one takes her seriously, especially with her being the young sister of legendary detective Sherlock Holmes (HENRY CAVILL).
She's about to close her shop when young Bessie Chapman (SERRANA SU-LING BLISS) shows up and wants to hire Enola to find her sister, Sarah (HANNAH DODD), who's gone missing. Both sisters work alongside many other girls and young women, including Mae (ABBIE HERN), in the local match factory owned by Henry Lyon (DAVID WESTHEAD). He's a business magnate who's grooming his young adult son, William (GABRIEL TIERNEY), to run the business, all while associating with government figures such as Charles McIntyre (TIM McMULLAN).
His assistant, Mira Troy (SHARON DUNCAN-BREWSTER), takes a liking to Enola, especially as related to her obviously being smitten with Lord Tewkesbury (LOUIS PATRIDGE) who previously met Enola and is working to bring about change through politics. As Enola tries to solve her case as Sherlock tries to solve his own, she ends up coming across a murder, with police Superintendent Grail (DAVID THEWLISS), suspecting her of the crime. She flees and unites with her brother as they attempt to solve the mystery of their intertwined cases.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first film, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.