(2022) (Austin Butler, Tom Hanks) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A look at the life and times of the king of rock and roll.
The film takes an imaginative and creative look at the life and times of the "king of rock and roll," Elvis Presley (AUSTIN BUTLER), from his formative youth through his early performances. Those catch the eye of carnival barker, Colonel Tom Parker (TOM HANKS), who persuades the up and coming artist to let him be his manager, while Elvis' father, Vernon (RICHARD ROXBURGH), will handle financial matters.
The influence of black music on Elvis' songs and his tendency to swivel his hips during performances end up driving some women wild, but also draw the disdain of white racists who believe he's a menace to society.
That, him meeting and eventually marrying Priscilla (OLIVIA DeJONGE), his desire to give his fans his all, and Parker's continued manipulation of him ultimately shape the King's musical career, life, and, ultimately, death.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're fans of Presley or the films by director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, The Great Gatsby, etc.).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For substance abuse, strong language, suggestive material, and smoking
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.