(2022) (Florence Pugh, Harry Styles) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A woman must contend with learning that her idyllic married life in a seemingly perfect neighborhood is anything but that.
In a desert oasis community known as Victory, life seems idyllic for its various residents. While the men -- such as Jack Chambers (HARRY STYLES) -- go off to work at the nearby top-secret Victory Project -- created and run by Frank (CHRIS PINE) who also serves as the community's cultish leader -- the wives, including Jack's, Alice (FLORENCE PUGH), and her best friend, Bunny (OLIVIA WILDE) -- who's married to Dean (NICK KROLL) -- are free to do what they like and enjoy themselves. As long as they please and otherwise are present for their husbands.
No one questions how lucky they are or the order of things. That is, except for Margaret (KIKI LAYNE) who asks why they're all there, with most everyone believing she's having some sort of mental breakdown. Alice isn't sure, what with experiencing weird visions and dreams herself, but things really come to a head when Alice spots a plane crash out in the desert, which leads her to the forbidden Victory Project headquarters. There, she sees something but passes out, only to wake up back at home.
She then has more odd visions and begins asking questions that don't sit well with the rest, such as Frank's wife, Shelley (GEMMA CHAN). That results in Dr. Collins (TIMOTHY SIMONS) prescribing medication for her and Alice begins questioning her sanity. As she continues trying to solve her troubling predicament, she finds herself in danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of anyone in the cast (including Harry Styles) might want to.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexuality, violent content, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.