(2022) (Amy Adams, Gabriella Baldacchino) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical/Comedy: A former animated princess who now unhappily lives in the real world must contend with the ripple effect of using magic to turn her, her family, and their entire suburban town into a real-life fairy tale.
Fifteen years ago, Giselle (AMY ADAMS) was a pretty princess in the animated fairytale land of Andalasia who dreamed of meeting a handsome prince and living happily ever after. Instead, she ended up in modern-day New York City where she met, fell in love with, and married divorce lawyer Robert (PATRICK DEMPSEY).
Yet, life is anything but a fairy tale, what with Robert's daughter, Morgan (GABRIELLA BALDACCHINO), now being a moody teenager, while Giselle and Robert are exhausted after welcoming a new addition to the family, young daughter Sofia (MILA & LARA JACKSON).
Accordingly, and hoping for a fresh start at a fairy tale life, the family moves to a fixer-upper in the suburban community of Monroeville where Morgan is anything but happy. The only person at her new school who's nice to her is Tyson (KOLTON STEWART), the handsome teenage son of Malvina Monroe (MAYA RUDOLPH), who fashions herself the queen of that town.
When Robert's ex-girlfriend, Nancy (IDINA MANZEL), and her husband, Edward (JAMES MARSDEN), show up from Andalasia to give Sofia a wishing wand gift, Giselle decides to use it for herself to turn her, her family, and the entire town into a real-life fairy tale. But she doesn't anticipate the ripple effect that follows and jeopardizes her dream of living happily ever after.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the earlier film "Enchanted," they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild peril and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.