(2022) (Jonathan Majors, Glen Powell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An early 1950s Navy aviator must contend with both racism and being shipped off to the budding war in Korea.
It's 1950 and Jesse Brown (JONATHAN MAJORS) is the only black aviator at a New Hampshire naval base. He's married to Daisy (CHRISTINA JACKSON) with whom he has a young daughter, while the rest of the pilots are single. That includes Tom Hudner (GLEN POWELL) who's the newest addition, a pilot who's bummed that WWII ended right before he graduated from flight school.
With war on the verge of breaking out in Korea, their aircraft carrier sets sail for that area, with the pilots having to contend with newly reconfigured Corsair fighter planes that are more powerful than before, but that the men have little experience with, including the near blind landing of them on a carrier. As they deal with that, Jesse must contend with subtle and overt racism.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into military movies -- especially those set in the past -- or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For strong language, some war action/violence, and smoking.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.