<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2022) (Jon Hamm, Lorenza Izzo) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A former investigative journalist begins investigating a stolen art-related murder where he's the prime suspect.
Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher (JON HAMM) is a former investigative journalist who's sent by his new Italian girlfriend, Angela De Grassi (LORENZA IZZO), from Rome to Boston to see if he can locate her father's valuable painting collection.
Those have been stolen -- Angela has suspicions that her stepmother, Countess Sylvia (MARCIA GAY HARDEN), is somehow involved -- and her father's been kidnapped, with those responsible wanting payment in the form of one of his most valuable pieces.
Fletch arrives at a vacant apartment owned by Owen Tasserly (JOHN BEHLMANN) only to find a dead woman on the floor. Inspector Morris Monroe (ROY WOOD JR.) and his detective partner Griz (AYDEN MAYERI) obviously initially believe that Fletch is the prime suspect -- including due to his charmingly snarky attitude about them and the incident -- but need more evidence before arresting him.
As they search for that, Fletch starts his own investigation and begins questioning several people ranging from Owen's ex-wife, Tatiana (LUCY PUNCH), a neighbor, Eve (ANNIE MUMOLO), and art dealer Ronald Moran (KYLE MacLACHLAN).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of the original "Fletch" movies, novels, and/or anyone in the cast might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some sexual content, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.