(2022) (voices of John Mulaney, Andy Samberg) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated/Live Action Comedy: Former friends and TV actors are reunited as they attempt to find and rescue an old friend and former co-star who's been kidnapped by a criminal who makes bootleg knockoffs of famous animated movies.
Thirty years ago, chipmunk duo Chip (voice of JOHN MULANEY) and Dale (voice of ANDY SAMBERG) were the animated stars of their own TV show that also featured Monterey Jack (voice of ERIC BANA), Gadget (voice of TRESS MacNEILLE) and Zipper (voice of DENNIS HAYSBERT).
But when Dale tried to get his own show, it caused theirs to be canceled, along with a rift between the two friends and co-stars. Now, Chip sells insurance to both animated characters and live-action people, while Dale does the old celebrity appearance circuit while trying to resurrect his career, something he's augmented by getting a CGI makeover to appear more dimensional.
Although they haven't spoken in three decades, the two are reunited when Monterey Jack separately informs them that he's in stinky cheese addiction trouble with local crime figure Sweet Pete (voice of WILL ARNETT) who kidnaps old, animated characters, has them altered, and then makes them appear in bootleg knockoff versions of animated classics.
With Bob the Warrior Viking (voice of SETH ROGEN) and Jimmy the Polar Bear (voice of DA'VONE McDONALD) as his henchmen, Sweet Pete has managed to avoid being caught by Captain Putty (voice of J.K. SIMMONS) and his human underling, Ellie (KIKI LAYNE), but the latter ends up teaming up with Chip and Dale as they set out to find and rescue their old friend and former co-star.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will (and they'll love it just as much as adults will).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild action and rude/suggestive humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.