(2022) (Brad Pitt, Brian Tyree Henry) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Comedy: Various assassins end up on a bullet train as related to a pivotal briefcase and various people connected to that.
Ladybug (BRAD PITT) is an American assassin sent by his handler to retrieve a specific briefcase on one of Japan's bullet trains. Initially unbeknownst to him, he's not the only bad guy on the train, although due to his string of bad luck, he's hoping to turn a new life, including by not taking a gun with him.
Also onboard are British assassins Lemon (BRIAN TYREE HENRY) and Tangerine (AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON) who've been tasked with retrieving that same briefcase along with the son (LOGAN LERMAN) of the most notorious and feared crime boss around, White Death (MICHAEL SHANNON).
While the latter isn't on the train, another assassin, The Prince (JOEY KING) --who's posing as an innocent schoolgirl -- wants White Death dead and has set up one of his employees, Yuichi (YOSHI SUDARSO), to kill him for her. He has boarded the train to find who pushed his son off a building, an act that left the boy in the hospital and his grandfather, The Elder (HIROYUKI SANADA), disappointed in his son.
Thrown into the mix is Mexican assassin The Wolf (BENITO A. MARTINEZ OCASIO) who's there to avenge his bride's murder and yet another assassin, Hornet (ZAZIE BEETZ), whose means of killing is via venom from a very lethal snake that's just so happened to get loose on the train. With Ladybug certain all of this only helps prove his string of bad luck, it's unclear who will make it off the train alive by the time it reaches its final destination.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens into over-the-top action/comedies might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong and bloody violence, pervasive language, and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.