(2022) (Rueby Wood, Aria Brooks) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A boy and his best friend sneak off to New York so that he can audition for a new musical.
Nate Foster (RUEBY WOOD) is a 7th grader living in Pittsburg with his parents and older brother, Anthony (JOSHUA BASSETT), who's constantly embarrassed by him, especially his love of all things Broadway. His best friend is Libby (ARIA BROOKS) who helps him get through his repeated rejections of trying out for the lead role in school plays. But she lightens his mood and gets his dreams fired up when she informs him that there's going to be a Lilo & Stitch musical and auditions for that are occurring soon.
The only problem is they're in NYC and his parents will never let him go. But as they've already planned a weekend anniversary getaway, Nate and Libby plot to sneak off to the Big Apple, only to find that Nate will need the presence of a parent or guardian before he can audition for the musical. They then happen to run into Nate's aunt Heidi (LISA KUDROW) a Broadway alum who works as a catering employee when not auditioning for plays.
Despite but also due to long being estranged from her sister, she wants to get her nephew back home, but Nate is determined to make sure he gets a shot at living out his dream.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it features kids in the lead roles, it might catch the attention of others, especially if they're into Broadway musicals.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements, a suggestive reference and mild language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.