(2022) (Idris Elba, Iyana Halley) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A recent widower takes his two daughters to a South African animal preserve only to encounter a rogue lion that's killing humans seemingly out of revenge.
Dr. Nate Samuels (IDRIS ELBA) is a recently widowed doctor who's traveled to South Africa with his daughters, teenager Meredith (IYANA HALLEY) and her younger sister, Norah (LEAH JEFFRIES), to visit the area where their mother grew up. They're all staying with longtime friend Martin Battles (SHARLTO COPLEY) who helps manage the local animal reserve, mainly by protecting the animals from poachers.
Little do they know that the latter have created a lone killing machine out of a male lion that's seemingly attacking humans simply out of revenge rather than for food or over territory. When it happens upon them out in the middle of nowhere where they become stranded, the four try to figure out what to do to survive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If the thought of seeing a thriller about a family trying to survive a lion attack sounds intriguing, they just might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent content, bloody images, and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.