(2022) (Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaņa) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-fi/Action/Adventure: A father tries to protect his family from the clone of his former military commander who's been sent to a faraway planet to find and kill him.
More than a decade after the events of the first film, former human Jake Sully (SAM WORTHINGTON) is a full-fledged Na'vi, married to Neytiri (ZOE SALDAŅA). They have three biological kids -- Neteyam (JAMIE FLATTERS), his younger teenage brother, No'ak (BRITAIN DALTON), and their younger sister, Tuk (TRINITY JO-LI BLISS) -- one adopted teenage girl, Kiri (SIGOURNEY WEAVER), and a human teen, Spider (JACK CHAMPION), who was left behind during the previous colonization attempt of Pandora.
But now Earth is dying and the powers that be once again want to colonize the planet. Realizing Jake is going to be a problem, they clone his late commander, Col. Miles Quaritch (STEPHEN LANG), turn him into a Na'vi, and send a similarly built military team with him to find and kill the former Marine. Knowing that will put his family and people in danger, Jake decides to take his family and flee to a remote part of Pandora where they can hopefully live out their lives peacefully.
That not only doesn't sit well with the kids, but also the reef people of Metkayina. While their king and queen, Tonowari (CLIFF CURTIS) and Ronal (KATE WINSLET), cautiously accept them, their teenage son, Aonung (FILIP GELJO), views the outsiders as freaks, although his teenage sister, Reya (BAILEY BASS), takes a liking to No'ak whose carefree and reckless ways don't sit well with his father. The newcomers try to assimilate the culture and traditions of the Metkayina, but it's not long before Quaritch and his team eventually track down Jake and his family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first film, they definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of strong violence and intense action, partial nudity, and some strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.