(2021) (Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: Batman tries to assemble a team of superheroes to battle a powerful villain who's intent on destroying Earth.
Following the death of Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman (HENRY CAVILL), that's left his girlfriend, Lois Lane (AMY ADAMS), and mother, Martha (DIANE LANE), still buried in grief, the world feels like a far less safe place. That's something for which Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman (BEN AFFLECK), feels responsible, what with having previously battled the superhero, ultimately resulting in his demise. Sensing something bad is about to happen, Bruce decides he must assemble a group of fellow superheroes to save the day. But Arthur Curry, a.k.a. Aquaman (JASON MOMOA), wants no part of that although Wonder Woman (GAL GADOT), a.k.a. Diana Prince, is quickly onboard with him.
Batman's urgency increases when a powerful being known as Steppenwolf (CIARAN HINDS) arrives on Earth with flying, humanoid type creatures known as parademons as his army. He's intent on collecting three powerful "mother boxes" that have been long hidden away after his leader, Darkseid (voiced by RAY PORTER), unsuccessfully attempted to conquer Earth long ago. When brought together, those boxes will form the Unity which will ultimately destroy Earth and put Steppenwolf back in good graces with Darkseid.
With Wonder Woman and then Aquaman on board, the growing Justice League is joined by Victor Stone, a.k.a. Cyborg (RAY FISHER), a part human-part machine being created by his father, Silas (JOE MORTON) to save his life, and Barry Allen, a.k.a. The Flash (EZRA MILLER), a hyper and naive young man who moves at ultra-high speeds. Together, they set out to stop Steppenwolf from creating the Unity from the "mother boxes" and destroying all of humankind.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.