(2021) (Jennifer Garner, Edgar Ramirez) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: To prove they can still be fun and not always say "no," a mom and dad agree to give their three kids a "yes day" where they must say agree to every request.
Once upon a time, Allison (JENNIFER GARNER) and Carlos Torres (EDGAR RAMIREZ) were a fun couple who said yes to every opportunity and adventure that crossed their paths. And then they had kids and quickly turned into over-protective parents who were always saying no to keep their children safe. But with Carlos at the office during the day and then being the fun parent when he comes home, Allison is now the "bad cop" in the eyes of 14-year-old Katie (JENNA ORTEGA) and 11-year-old Nando (JULIAN LERNER), although their younger sister, Ellie (EVERLY CARGANILLA), hasn't yet gotten to the point of viewing her mom as a dictator.
Allison and Carlos learn that their two oldest view her that way after talking with their kids' teachers, and then get advice from the school's guidance counselor who says he has a happy household due to giving his kids an occasional "yes day." That's when they get whatever they want -- within preset parameters and limits -- and the parents can't say no. Allison and Carlos initially think that's a crazy idea, but eventually decide to go for it. With a bet between Allison and Katie -- where the teen will end up attending a concert with her mom or her friends being on the line -- Allison and Carlos prepare themselves to say yes, all while their kids put them to the test.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about kids getting their way for a day, many younger ones probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude and suggestive material, and brief language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.