<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2021) (George Mackay, Lily-Rose Depp) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A young man who believes he's a wolf is placed into a rehab facility with other like-minded teens and kids who must contend with an aggressive conversion therapy used on them.
Jacob (GEORGE MACKAY) is a young man who believes he's a wolf trapped in a human's body and thus often behaves like such an animal. His parents have now committed him to a rehab facility where the staff -- including Dr. Mann (PADDY CONSIDINE) and Dr. Angeli (EILEEN WALSH) -- use various forms of conversion therapy on the patients under their care. They include Judith (LOLA PETTICREW) who believes she's a parrot; Louise (ELSA FIONUIR) who acts like a horse; Jeremy (DARRAGH SHANNON) who envision himself as a squirrel; Rufus (FIONN O'SHEA) who acts like a German Shepherd, and Annalisa (KARISE YANSEN) who thinks she's a panda.
But the patient who Jacob views as a kindred spirit is Cecile (LILY-ROSE DEPP), a young woman who thinks she's a cat and has lived at the facility for most of her life. As Jacob tries getting used to his new situation, he and others must contend with Dr. Mann's confrontational and aggressive approach in breaking their delusional state.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some abusive behavior, sexuality, nudity, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.