(2021) (Tye Sheridan, Lily-Rose Depp) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: Teens stop taking a mood-suppressant drug during an 86-year trip to another planet, resulting in raging hormones, chaos, and anarchy.
It's the year 2063 and Earth has become increasingly inhospitable for human life. Accordingly, a decision has been made to colonize another planet, but it's 86 years away, meaning voyagers heading there will have to reproduce, and their children and grandchildren will be the ones to land on the faraway land. Under the supervision of lead scientist Richard (COLIN FARRELL), children are bred to be the brightest available and are raised in complete isolation from the rest of the world so that they're most suited for the same sort of environment during the long space trip.
Richard decides to go along to oversee the operation and protect and nurture the young kids. Ten years later, the likes of Christopher (TYE SHERIDAN), Sela (LILY-ROSE DEPP), and Zac (FIONN WHITEHEAD) are just some of the now-older teenagers well into their mission. But when Christopher and Zac realize their daily rations include a mood suppressing drug -- that includes inhibiting sexual desires -- they decide to stop taking it, thus allowing their hormones to run wild.
When an apparent tragedy strikes and they're left without adult supervision, most of the rest stop taking the drug as well, resulting in chaos and eventual anarchy on the ship. With Christopher and Sela trying to hold the line, they must contend with Zac using fear to make most of the rest follow his lead.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The young cast and sci-fi story might draw in some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, some strong sexuality, bloody images, a sexual assault, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.