(2021) (Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Superhero: Infected by an alien parasite that can control and change the physical attributes of his body and speaks to him inside his mind, a down-on-his-luck reporter must contend with a serial killer who ends up with the same condition.
Eddie Brock (TOM HARDY) is an investigative reporter who works in San Francisco and has just learned that his former fiancée, lawyer Anne Weying (MICHELLE WILLIAMS), is now engaged to Dr. Dan Lewis (REID SCOTT). Eddie is shaken by this development, while the alien parasite inside him known as Venom -- that can not only alter his physical shape but also talks to him inside his head -- is angry and wouldn't mind eating Dan, what with his appetite for humans.
Things become more complicated when serial killer Cletus Kasaday (WOODY HARRELSON) wants Eddie to write his life story but in doing so secretly gets a message to his locked away, mutant girlfriend, Frances Barrison (NAOMIE HARRIS), who can emit destructively loud screams. While interviewing Cletus, Venom emerges and attacks the man who then bites Eddie, thus getting part of Venom inside him. His alien alter-ego, Carnage, then emerges and allows Cletus to escape and free Frances.
As they go on a rampage of revenge and destruction and as Det. Mulligan (STEPHEN GRAHAM) tries to figure out what's going on, Eddie must contend with his rocky relationship with Venom and the new danger presented by Carnage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or are die-hard comic book movie fans in general, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence and action, some strong language, disturbing material, and suggestive references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.