(2021) (Chloë Grace Moretz, Michael Peña) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: When a mouse moves into a hotel right before the biggest wedding in years, a desperate event planner hires the rodent's feline archenemy to deal with the situation.
Tom Cat (HIMSELF) and Jerry Mouse (HIMSELF) are lifelong enemies who've both ended up in New York City. Jerry is simply looking for a new place to call home, while Tom has dreams of being a star keyboard player. But when Jerry ruins one of Tom's outdoor gigs, the cat chases the mouse into the storied The Royal Gate Hotel which has a strict no pets -- or warring animals -- policy. But they've bent those rules for star couple Preeta (PALLAVI SHARDA) and Ben (COLIN JOST) who've decided to have their lavish wedding at the upscale hotel, complete with their pets, Toots the cat and Spike the bulldog (voiced by BOBBY CANNAVALE).
While otherwise fully staffed with the likes of barman Cameron (JORDAN BOLGER), bell girl Joy (PATSY FERRAN), and Chef Jackie (KEN JEONG) among many others, they have a vacancy in the events planner role. Enter newly unemployed Kayla (CHLOË GRACE MORETZ) who diverts a real candidate for the job and presents that woman's impressive resume as her own. While events manager Terence (MICHAEL PEÑA) isn't impressed, General Manager Mr. Dubros (ROB DELANEY) is and hires Kayla on the spot.
And upon the sighting of Jerry in the hotel, her first job is to get rid of him before word gets out about a rodent incident. Accordingly, she ends up hiring Tom to do the job, and with the cat and mouse well-versed in the ways of battle, it's not long before they wreak havoc not only on the place, but also the big wedding and Kayla's new job.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger ones probably will, especially if they're fans of Tom and Jerry.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For cartoon violence, rude humor, and brief language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.