(2021) (Ed Helms, Patti Harrison) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A 45-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman try to figure out how to interact for the next nine months after he hires her to be a surrogate for his baby.
Matt (ED HELMS) is a single, 45-year-old app developer who's decided he wants to start a family...by himself. Accordingly, he's hired an agency to find a surrogate to carry and deliver his child and their selection is Anna (PATTI HARRISON). She's a 26-year-old single woman who works in a coffee shop alongside Jules (JULIO TORRES) and is willing to go through the nine-month pregnancy for the paycheck. Thinking that previously giving up a child to adoption while in high school means she'll have no problem not keeping the child that will grow inside her, Anna figures she's perfect for the job and Matt agrees.
Once she's pregnant via artificial insemination, she plans on going about her life like normal. But she must contend with Matt being a hovering father-to-be, excited about what's to come but overly cautious and sometimes critical of Anna's behavior. As the weeks and months fly by, they end up as friends with conflicting emotions about their unique relationship.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of anyone in the cast might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some sexual references and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.