(2021) (Andrew Garfield, Alexandra Shipp) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A playwright tries to balance his various relationships with his need to write one last song for the upcoming workshop of his long-gestating, sci-fi musical.
Jon Larson (ANDREW GARFIELD) is a nearly 30-year-old playwright who's trying to put the finishing touches on his long-gestating, sci-fi musical, "Superbia." He lives in Soho with his long-time friend, Michael (ROBIN DE JESUS), who's now moving out, and is in a relationship with dancer Susan (ALEXANDRA SHIPP). But he's now under a tight deadline to write one last big song for his offering, what with Ira Weitzman (JONATHAN MARC SHERMAN) putting on a workshop of the musical with Karessa (VANESSA HUDGENS) and Roger (JOSHUA HENRY) singing the leads.
But it's uncertain if Jon's agent, Rosa Stevens (JUDITH LIGHT), has sent out any invites for the workshop and thus Jon starts calling up anyone and everyone, including legendary theater figure Stephen Sondheim (BRADLEY WHITFORD). But with the clock ticking down, the pressures Jon is facing start affecting his relationship with both Susan and Michael.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're into musicals and/or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language, some suggestive material and drug references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.