(2021) (Angelina Jolie, Finn Little) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: Haunted by the guilt of a recent tragedy, a smokejumper ends up having to protect an orphaned boy from assassins who killed his father and now want him dead as well.
Hannah (ANGELINA JOLIE) is a Montana smoke jumper who's still reeling from a recent wildfire related tragedy for which she blames herself, much to the concern of her ex-boyfriend, Ethan (JON BERNTHAL), the local deputy who's now married to Allison (MEDINA SENGHORE) who's carrying their child. Whether it's her nature or her way of dealing with that tragedy, Hannah often acts recklessly, making her appear to be a highly unlikely candidate to keep anyone safe.
But that's exactly what she must do when she comes across 12-year-old Connor (FINN LITTLE) whose dad, Owen (JAKE WEBER), a forensic auditor for the Florida Attorney General, has just been murdered by professional assassins Jack (AIDAN GILLEN) and Patrick (NICHOLAS HOULT). They now need the boy to die as well, what with him somehow surviving the attack on his father.
With those assassins setting a wildfire to serve as a distraction, they set out to find and kill the boy, all while Hannah does what she can to keep him safe, both from those men and the fire that's growing and coming their way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.