(2021) (Amy Adams, Fred Hechinger) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: After she seemingly witnesses a new neighbor be murdered in the house across the street, an agoraphobic woman questions her sanity when no one believes her.
Anna Fox (AMY ADAMS) is a child psychologist who hasn't left the house in nearly a year due to her paralyzing agoraphobia. She has human contact in the form of her basement tenant, David (WYATT RUSSELL), visits by her psychiatrist, Dr. Landy (TRACY LETTS), and chats on the phone with her husband, Ed (ANTHONY MACKIE), who's no longer around, just like their daughter.
Anna spends most of her time observing the world through the front window of her large Manhattan brownstone, including the recent arrival of a new family across the street. While the dad, Alistair Russell (GARY OLDMAN), comes off as cold and curt, his 15-year-old son, Ethan (FRED HECHINGER), seems nice if perhaps a bit shell-shocked at the hands of his father, while Anna finds herself hitting it off with the boy's mom (JULIANNE MOORE).
But Anna is shocked when witnessing a domestic dispute and sees a knife stabbed into Jane. She calls the police and Detectives Little (BRIAN TYREE HENRY) and Norelli (JEANINE SERRALLES) show up, but find nothing amiss, with Alistair showing that Jane (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH) is not only alive, but also unharmed, much to Anna's confusion since she's not the same woman she met. Not sure of her sanity thanks to her mixing alcohol and new meds, Anna tries to figure out what's going on, especially since no one believes her story about what she thinks she saw.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be interested, especially if they're a fan of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.