(2021) (Chris Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A high school science teacher and other civilians are sent into the future to battle monsters that are close to wiping out all humans.
Dan Forester (CHRIS PRATT) is a military vet and current high school science teacher who's married to Emmy (BETTY GILPIN) with whom he has a nine-year-old daughter, Muri (RYAN KIERA ARMSTRONG). When he's passed over for a job he wanted, he thinks he must be meant for greater things but can't turn to his dad, James (J.K. SIMMONS), for advice, what with them being long estranged.
He gets the chance to step up when he, along with the rest of the world, is shocked to see military forces from the future, led by Lt. Hart (JASMINE MATHEWS), arrive in the present with a dire message. In the future, the world has been overrun by hard-to-kill monsters known as white spikes, and with the population now south of one million people, the future of humankind now rests in the hands of those in the present.
With a draft set up where everyday civilians are put into active duty for a seven-day stint in the future, Dan is finally called up and -- along with the likes of chatty Charlie (SAM RICHARDSON) and the far more solemn Dorian (EDWIN HODGE) who's now on his third tour -- Dan ends up in the year 2051 and immediately encounters and battles the huge monsters. He also ends up meeting a military scientist, Muri (YVONNE STRAHOVSKI), who's trying to come up with a biological weapon to use against them. With time running out for both of them, Dan does what he can to help and hopefully save the future for all humanity.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into sci-fi based, kill-the-monsters type films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, language, and some suggestive references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.