(2021) (Idris Elba, Margot Robbie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: A disparate group of anti-hero prisoners are sent to another country on a mission to destroy a lab and the dangerous work and monster inside it.
Following a coup in the island nation of Corto Maltese by Silvio Luna (JUAN DIEGO BOTTO) and his right-hand general, Mateo Suarez (JOAQUÍN COSIO), government official Amanda Waller (VIOLA DAVIS) -- head of the top-secret Task Force X -- has sent a group of prisoners to the island to deal with the situation. Led by Colonel Rick Flag (JOEL KINNAMAN), all but him and Harley Quinn (MARGOT ROBBIE) are killed, but it turns out their presence was just a decoy for the real team and their mission.
Led by assassin Bloodsport (IDRIS ELBA), the second crew consists of Peacemaker (JOHN CENA) who uses deadly violence to live up to his name; Ratcatcher 2 (DANIELA MELCHIOR) who can control rats to do her bidding; Polka-Dot Man (DAVID DASTMALCHIAN) who can eject deadly polka-dots from his body, and the anthropomorphic, dimwitted, and always hungry King Shark (voice of SYLVESTER STALLONE). With the help of local guerilla fighter Sol Soria (ALICE BRAGA), their mission is to find a Nazi-era prison and laboratory known as Jotunheim and destroy it and the work inside.
With Flag and Harley eventually joining them, they must put their differences aside to complete the job, unaware that the lab contains a gargantuan, extraterrestrial starfish monster that won't go down without a fight.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies - especially ones featuring anti-heroes - they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and gore, language throughout, some sexual references, drug use and brief graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.