(2021) (voices of Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: An underwater sponge and his friends set out to rescue his pet snail from a vain King and his casino empire.
In the underwater world of Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob SquarePants (voice of TOM KENNY) is a happy fellow who loves his pet, Gary the Snail, has good friends in Patrick Star (voice of BILL FAGERBAKKE) and underwater bunny Sandy Cheeks (voice of CAROLYN LAWRENCE), and enjoys working at the Krusty Krab restaurant making Krabby Patties for owner Mr. Krabs (voice of CLANCY BROWN), while coworker Squidward Tentacles (voice of RODGER BUMPASS) sits around and does nothing but read.
Krabs' restaurant rival, Plankton (voice of MR. LAWRENCE), is once again desirous of stealing the formula for those Krabby Patties, but is accidentally thwarted by SpongeBob who doesn't even spot the copepod. If only Plankton had a way to deal with Spongebob. Enter King Poseidon (voice of MATT BERRY), the vain ruler of the not-so-lost Lost City of Atlantic City.
He's accustomed to using snail slime as his beauty regimen, but when those snails run out of juice, he has his right-hand man, Chancellor (voice of REGGIE WATTS), set forth a decree to find more. Plankton then kidnaps Gary, knowing that Spongebob will try to rescue him.
Which he does with the help of Patrick, Sandy, and her robot creation, Otto (voice of AWKWAFINA), while also getting guidance from Sage (KEANU REEVES) the sagebrush who warns them of perils along the way, including that presented by zombie leader El Diablo (DANNY TREJO). Facing that and uncertainty, Spongebob and his friends head for the Lost City of Atlantic City to rescue Gary.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the SpongeBob universe, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor, some thematic elements, and mild language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.