(2021) (Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Brotherly cattle ranchers of the 1920s react in radically different ways toward a widowed restaurant proprietress and her awkward teenage son.
It's 1925 and brothers Phil (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH) and George Burbank (JESSE PLEMONS) are wealthy cattle ranchers who live and work in Montana. While George is more refined, civilized, and nice to others, Phil is comfortable as an unwashed and abrasive cowboy, much like the ranch hands who work for them. Thus, when they stop over at a remote outpost and eat at the local restaurant, they react differently to the widowed proprietress, Rose Gordon (KIRSTEN DUNST), and her teenage son, Peter (KODI SMIT McPHEE).
While Phil views the socially awkward boy as not being manly enough -- thus upsetting him and his mother -- George is more compassionate. So much so that he quickly marries her and has her and Peter move into their ranch house, something that doesn't sit well with Phil. As that plays out, Phil suddenly has an abrupt change in his behavior, although it's unclear if that's a softening of his heart or something far more menacing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might have some interest, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For brief sexual content/full nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.